What is Planned Giving?
Planned Giving is the process of donating planned gifts. A planned gift is a contribution that is arranged in the present and allocated at a future date. Commonly donated through a will or trust, planned gifts are most often granted once the donor has passed away.
Why is Planned Giving Important to Heartland Family Service?
Planned Giving is important because it enables people — our donors — to make large, meaningful gifts to Heartland Family Service that reflect their beliefs and values, while leaving a unique legacy to memorialize those values and beliefs by supporting us during their lifetime and beyond.
Join the Heartland Family Service Lasting Legacy Society!
We would be honored to enroll you in the Heartland Family Service Lasting Legacy Society, which celebrates those who remember Heartland Family Service through estate gifts.
Heartland Family Service was founded in 1875, and it is our mission to strengthen individuals and families in our community through education, counseling, and support services. Estate gifts are still critical to Heartland Family Service’s present and future success in fulfilling our mission.
Charitable bequests are a popular way for people to support Heartland Family Service and its mission. A bequest does not reduce your current income, yet enables you to provide substantial future support for the mission of Heartland Family Service.
The following types of commitments are ways to be a part of the Heartland Family Service Legacy Society:
- a bequest provision in your Will or revocable trust;
- a life-income gift that names Heartland Family Service as a remainder beneficiary, such as a charitable remainder trust or a charitable gift annuity;
- a charitable lead trust that provides income to Heartland Family Service for a donor’s lifetime or a term of years;
- a gift or assignment of qualified retirement plan assets, such as an IRA, 401(k) or 403(b);
- a gift of life insurance.
If you would like to learn more about Heartland Family Service Planned Giving and/or Legacy Society, please contact Marzia Puccioni Shields, Chief Development Officer at (402) 552-7443.