Heartland Family Service is committed to building a culture that is trauma informed that values and celebrates a Culture of Inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various experiences and uniqueness to the workplace.
Trauma Informed Care is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the role that trauma has played in their lives. Trauma Informed Care also acknowledges the effects of working with trauma survivors on our workforce, and seeks to build collaborative and supportive working environments and relationships.
Join Our Team!
The development of our agency parallels the development of the social work profession for more than a century. The success of our agency is due to the commitment and accomplishments of our staff.
If you believe in Our Mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a fast pace, collaborative and team oriented environment, then Heartland Family Service is the agency for you.
All full-time employees of Heartland Family Service are eligible for the following benefits:
(* Denotes all part-time employee eligible benefits)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance (100% premium paid for employee only)
- Long & short term disability insurance
- Accidental death & disability insurance
- Voluntary accident plan
- Voluntary critical illness plan
- Basic life insurance
- Educational loan assistance
- Flexible spending account/health savings account
- Tuition assistance
- Retirement participation with agency match of 7%
- Free parking *
- Merit reviews *
- Performance review
- Professional casual dress code *
- Notary public *
- Company discounts/offers *
- Professional liability insurance *
- Employee recognition *
- Staff development programs*
- Personal and professional ongoing training *
- Career pathway planning *
- Paid vacation *
- Paid holidays *
- Service awards *
- Employee assistance program, for employee and family members *
- Workplace flexibility opportunities
Internships and Practicums
Heartland Family Service hosts a variety of internships and practicums though colleges and universities. To participate, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in a two or four year college or university
- Be at least 18 years old
- Pass a background check
- Participate for at over 100 hours during a minimum of one semester
Thank you for your interest in employment with Heartland Family Service!
For inquiries, please contact Careers@HeartlandFamilyService.org
To apply for a position, the system requires that you enable Internet Cookies. Please change Privacy Settings to allow Internet cookies by following the steps below.
- In Internet Explorer, select the Tools menu, and then select Internet Options.
- Select the Privacy tab, and then move the slider to the level of privacy you prefer.
- In Firefox, select the Tools menu, and then select Options.
- Select the Privacy panel.
- From the Firefox menu, select Use custom settings for history
- Select Accept cookies from sites to enable cookies.