Here is some information on how to access these services:
Homeless Prevention – Providing assistance to prevent individuals from losing their housing and becoming homeless
- You have received an eviction notice
- You will become homeless within 14 days
- You have received a utility shut-off notice
How to Apply:
- Call the message line at (531) 200-3500
- Complete a brief phone screening
- Appointments will be scheduled as openings are available
If you are at imminent risk of homelessness (one to three days), contact our Homeless Diversion program at (402) 830-3031.
If you need access to our Homeless Street Outreach program, you can:
Call (402) 934-8810 or email HomelessServices@HeartlandFamilyService.org
Please note: all other housing programs receive referrals through the community’s coordinated entry system and cannot take outside referrals.
Mental Health Counseling & Substance Use Treatment Services
Heartland Family Service offers world-class behavioral health services and they can be accessed through video conferencing. If you are in need of behavioral health services in Iowa, please call (712) 322-1407. For services in Nebraska, please call (402) 552-7400.
Services are only available for individuals, children, or families who live in Iowa or Nebraska.