Celebrate Recovery Month in both Iowa and Nebraska.
Join us at the Iowa entrance of the Bob Kerry Pedestrian Bridge to reach our goal of ONE THOUSAND HANDS to send an important message: Prevention works, treatment is effective, and people do recover!
Each year during September, we:
• Promote the benefits of treatment for substance abuse and mental health disorders
• Celebrate those who are in recovery
• Appreciate friends & family who support those in recovery
• Applaud the contributions of treatment providers
• Spread the message that recovery is possible
Help us send a positive message about recovery!
DJ * Coffee + Treats * Information * Speaker * SWAG Bag
Please note that this is a tobacco-free event.
Thank you to our Community Partners: Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Midlands, Heartland Family Service, Keystone Treatment Center, LiveWise, Oxford House, Santa Monica, Trailblazers, and Valley Hope
Thank You to Our Generous Sponsors: COMPLETE weddings + events, Gem Financial, Keystone Treatment Center, the Iowa Department of Public Health, and Valley Hope
Directions & Parking: Due to construction, parking will be limited on the street, so please plan to park in the Tom Hanafan River’s Edge Park lot. To access this lot:
• From I-29, take Exit 53A
• Head west on Harrah’s Boulevard
• Just past the Stir Concert Cove, turn right on River Edge Service Road and continue north
• Park in any available spot and walk northeast toward the Iowa-side entrance to the Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge
For more information, contact Lorelle Mueting at (712) 325-5628 or LMueting@HeartlandFamilyService.org